Google
My Photo
Name:
Location: Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India

20 year old undergrad student.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

I missed the lecture

Yeah...It's 1000 and I've slept through the lecture. Won't make this one boring as the last one though.


Wonder what sadistic pleasure the profs get by making attendance compulsory. Is it for our good? But how do they define good for others and what if people don't want the goodness of others.


So far so good.

Take the example of this prof we have who has made submissions of a problem at the end of the lecture compulsory. This way, he says he can keep a check on attendance as well as make sure that we study. But what for people like me who really don't wan to study, we copy the submissions. So, essentialy the prof is encouraging cheating.


Have been thinking the last few days over the purpose of my existence, it has come down to attending lectures, giving one exam after the other and then forgetting about it all. not that it meant much before but when I think of it, feel the tremendous purposelessnes and predictability of it all.


Two years on, I'll be a grad. take a shot at the MBA, if I get through, spend two more years there and take a fat paying job, get a green card, advertise myself in the newspapers- Punjabi Brahmin, 25 MBA Engineer Green Card holder looking for a big breasted babe, age no bar, caste no bar sex baar baar (old school joke). If she has some brains, I may not ask for dowry else will live off her father's money.


Fat aunts would say, "Munda life vich sattle ho gaya".


If I don't have kids in the first two years of my marriage, relatives, doodhwala, grocery store-owner, everyone would start advising about the neem hakeem they know thinking me to be impotent.


Finally, will have two kids and if both of them are females, the same aunts would say in the most sarcastic of tones, "Mushkilan te hondiyan ne, par kudiyan vi mata di kirpa han"


If they are both boys, everyone will be happy except me, because I'll know that they will grow upto be me. Enter the aunts again, "bahu te lachchmi da avtar hai".


I guess enough of my mindless blabbering. Next up: My experiences with the RSS.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kanishk Kunal said...

Cool Bhasker. Nice way to express your feeling. I was just wondering what you would hav done if we would hav selected you as our acedemic committe member...

7:17 AM  
Blogger Prasoon said...

omg..
one more blogger added to the lane..Welcome n gud thoughts penned down here..
Keep posted, coz now u have one more visitor..

9:43 PM  
Blogger shaan said...

bhaskar man !! the sleeping habit is really big problem !! think of it man .. i am late almost all day without fail , to work .... ne ways !! sale kid ... stopping thinkin abt marriage n kids ...

3:31 AM  
Blogger Naresh said...

Dude... Happy Married life!!! :P

6:42 AM  
Blogger parwana said...

Truth unveiled :)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home